Key project facts
- Client: University of Canberra
- Value: $50.4m
- Design and Construct Services
- 496 beds
- Recreational and administration facilities
- Future office and retail tenancies
- Fully landscape surrounds
Site possession was granted on the 14 December 2015, with the first footings poured 13 January 2016, the fast tracked delivery program and dedicated team has resulted in a great achievement.
The completed facility provided 496 student accommodation beds and included;
- residents’ recreation and administration facilities on ground floor and level 6
- associated back of house facilities such as laundry, store rooms and waste disposal
- undercover bicycle parking for 131 bikes, with an additional 36 bike parks throughout the landscaped area
- landscaping and amenities on the project site area and surrounds
- approximately 600m2 of future office/retail tenancies
One week after handover, approximately 300 students moved into the facility which is now operated by UniLodge.